Spoon Monkey: rubyist, gamer, King of Cutlery
Sony will finish in third place this console generation, beaten by a PC that breaks all the time and a child’s toy. The mighty have fallen - TO DEATH! UK:RESISTANCE
If Belgium did not already exist, would anyone nowadays take the trouble to invent it? The Economist
My standard for verisimilitude is simple and I came to it when I started to write prose narrative: fuck the average reader. I was always told to write for the average reader in my newspaper life. The average reader, as they meant it, was some suburban white subscriber with two-point-whatever kids and three-point-whatever cars and a dog and a cat and lawn furniture. He knows nothing and he needs everything explained to him right away, so that exposition becomes this incredible, story-killing burden. Fuck him. Fuck him to hell. David Simon, creator of The Wire
- Always give caretakers full, unrestricted access to your zombie medical labs. Nothing will go wrong.
- To protect civilians from zombies, lock about a thousand of them in a big underground room that they can’t get out of, but that zombies can get in to. Also, turn off the lights.
- When attempting to escape from the military and/or zombies, the best place to hide is an abandoned tube station. Note: only attempt this if you don’t have a torch.
- The Volvo V70 is rated against poison gas attack.
- No, Daddy is not a zombie. He’s just pleased to see you.